- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Bears
Newsday reports that a bear who attacked an AT camper at High Point has been destroyed.
The Charleston Daily Mail reports two West Virginia fishermen cut short their trip after a bear drank their Coors Light beer and ate their food.
CTV reports a grizzly killed a woman in a tree on Bench Trail in Canmore, Alberta.
The NPS Morning Report says a male black bear in Glacier National Park was killed after it shredded shirts thrown at it and then swiped the car of a fleeing family.
FFTimes reports Lyle Simpson survived a grizzly attack when used a martial arts kick to the bear’s face near the Whispering Pines Bible camp in Alberta.
The Anchorage Daily News reports Joanne Saunders, 52, suffered a broken nose and ripped leg after being attacked by a grizzly in Savage River area of Denali
The Morning Call a 21 year old woman was scratched by a black bear coming out of hibernation at Hickory Run State Park in northeast Pennsylvania.