- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Bears
Mount Mitchell State Park has closed the Mount Mitchell Trail and the National Forest has closed the Commissary Ridge Campground because of bear activity. *Mount Mitchell warnings *NFS warning Facebook entry
Arkansas has closed Queen Wilhelmina State Park temporarily due to increased bear activity. The release notes that during berry season the bears get more active and also warns visitors about bears on Mount Magazine.
Living in bear country – a privilege and a responsibility Rappahannock News, VA – Jul 3, 2007 In the past, he was involved in relocating bears to the Mount Rogers area of Virginia, but this is no longer an option … Continue reading
Here’s a summary of coyote, bear and mountain lion reports in Tennessee, Washington, Colorado and Massachusetts.
Helenair reports a female grizzly that attacked and injured two California hikers in August in Glacier National Park will be spared because authorities believe she reacted to a perceived threat to her two cubs.
The AP reports say two hikers near Shoshone Lake in Yellowstone were attacked fully stride by a grizzly bear which relented after being sprayed in the face by bear spray.
The Globe and Mail reports a grizzly with a sow attacked hikers on a trail in Banff.
Ananova reports flyers are telling Swiss hikers to sing showtunes — particularly songs from “The Sound of Music” to scare away bears.
Philadelphia NBC10 reports hikers videotaped the High Point bear attack for 30 seconds before coming to the victim’s assistance.