- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Avalanches
New Year’s Day avalanche killed two snowmobilers near Rocky Mountain National Park, officials said.
Two climbers and two skiers died in the French Alps on Sunday in a weekend with high avalanche risk, said rescue services. Two others were still missing.
About 600 square miles of the Uinta National Forest were closed to the public Tuesday as frequent avalanches continued to hit the area where a snowshoer was lost on Saturday.
Patrick D. Niedringhaus, 18, was killed in an avalanche between Fourteeners Torreys Peak and Grays Peak.
The Mirror reports Chris Baybutt, 46, was killed in an avalanche after posing for a picture atop Switzerland’s 4,063m Obergabelhorn taken by fellow policeman John Lucas, 40 last July.
WCF Courier reports an early early avalanche on Mines Peak in Colorado killed Samuel Teetzen of Littleton, CO, and his pet golden retriever.
Boston.Com reports The Forest Service is warning hikers in the White Mountains to pay careful attention to avalanche dangers. Officials say the especially wet weather last month has created conditions not normally seen until mid- to late-winter.
Outlook India reports 18 climbers including seven French nationals were killed in an avalanche on 6981m Mount Kangru in north-west district of Manang in Nepal.
Sify reports six soldiers from India were swept away in an avalanche on 7,163 metre high Chaukhamba.
Banffcragcanyon reports two Europeans were killed in an avalanche on Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.