- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Avalanches
New Year’s Day avalanche killed two snowmobilers near Rocky Mountain National Park, officials said.
Two climbers and two skiers died in the French Alps on Sunday in a weekend with high avalanche risk, said rescue services. Two others were still missing.
About 600 square miles of the Uinta National Forest were closed to the public Tuesday as frequent avalanches continued to hit the area where a snowshoer was lost on Saturday.
Patrick D. Niedringhaus, 18, was killed in an avalanche between Fourteeners Torreys Peak and Grays Peak.
The Mirror reports Chris Baybutt, 46, was killed in an avalanche after posing for a picture atop Switzerland’s 4,063m Obergabelhorn taken by fellow policeman John Lucas, 40 last July.
WCF Courier reports an early early avalanche on Mines Peak in Colorado killed Samuel Teetzen of Littleton, CO, and his pet golden retriever.
Boston.Com reports The Forest Service is warning hikers in the White Mountains to pay careful attention to avalanche dangers. Officials say the especially wet weather last month has created conditions not normally seen until mid- to late-winter.
Outlook India reports 18 climbers including seven French nationals were killed in an avalanche on 6981m Mount Kangru in north-west district of Manang in Nepal.
Sify reports six soldiers from India were swept away in an avalanche on 7,163 metre high Chaukhamba.
Banffcragcanyon reports two Europeans were killed in an avalanche on Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.