- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Asia
Newswatch50 reports an Oswego, NY, man on a charity climb Everest for his mother fell into a crevasse.
The Herald reports Sean Egan, 63, of Ottawa had a heart attack while leading an Everest expedition in hopes of becoming the oldest Canadian to climb the mountain.
China News reports a weather station has erected on Dongrongbu Glacier at 6,500 meters on Mount Everest (Qomolangma) and it will be monitored until October. The station will continue to collect data which will be retrieved when climbing season resumes … Continue reading
Webindia reports four climbers in five days have died descending Mt Pumori, which means ‘the Unmarried One’, the 7,161 m peak lying next to Mt Everest.
The Sunday Herald says Afghanistan is trying to promote mountaineering tourism by publicizing its virgin 6,000 metre peaks in the Hindu Kush and is training 12 former guerrilla fighters to become alpine guides and the country has a special landmine … Continue reading
News24 reports a leech lodged in the nostril of a Hong Kong woman after she washed her face in a stream.
The climbing community was taken aback by early reports that two Russian Everest climbers had been injured by a Maoist car bomb in Nepal. Although the Russians were indeed injured they were identified later as just trekkers. They are being … Continue reading
Xinhuanet reports that two climbers fell 1,200 feet after climbing Mount Pumori (7,161 meters). Killed were Nepali guide Furva Tamang of Nepal and Alexander Ivan Chen Arrocha of Panama. The rest of the 11-member climbing team was unable to retrieve … Continue reading
Beerleaguehockey.com reports a 17-member Canadian expedition Dr Sean Egan, a professor in the School of Human Kinetics at University of Ottawa, and Peter Luk, director, School of Business Management, Ryerson University, plan to set the record of the highest hockey … Continue reading
MountEverest.Net reports: Four climbers from SBSM have now been selected for the summit attempt: Huagang BAI (27), Xining LIU (28), Xiubo REN (26) and Tianlu BAI (26) (from left to right in picture). None of them had previous mountaineering experience, … Continue reading