- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Asia
Here is the May 13 round up of backcountry accidents in South Africa, Mount Lhotse, Everest, Russia
A Japanese story noting three middle aged climbers died in an Avalanche notes that middle aged climbers are more vulnerable to problems because they don’t know their strength is weakening.
Gau Ming-Ho a climber depicted as a slow selfish climber that led to the problems highlighted in Jon Krakauer’s “Into Thin Air”, has launched a documentary refuting the claims and saying the problems lie with the corruption of the guide … Continue reading
Tributes paid to Snowdon climber BBC News – UK Tributes have been paid to an experienced climber who died after a fall of nearly 700ft (213m) on Snowdon. Donal McGrath, 61, of …
Manslaughter charges have been brought against Out There Trekking of Britain in connection with the fatality six years ago of Michael Matthews on Everest.
Syria has announced plans for a $15 billion tourist development on its highest point — Mount Hermon/Jabal Sheikh (9,332 feet/2,814 metres).
Wire services report Josef Alois Kasbaure, a 38-year-old radiologist from Wange, Germany, fell about 200 meters (650 feet) into a crevasse on Oct. 27 at an elevation of 6,600 meters (21,650 feet), while climbing 7,134-meter (23,400-foot) Mount Tilicho in Nepal.
China Daily reports that the latest estimate of the Everest’s height by China’s State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping is 29,017 feet. That’s about 12 feet less than the previous figure of 29,029 feet.
The Anchorage Daily News reports the Harvard Mountaineering Climb is seeking to name a 14,495 foot peak in Central Asia Mount Powell for Scott Powell, one of four Boy Scout leaders from Alaska who died in an electrical accident at … Continue reading