- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Arkansas
The Celebrity Classic Cycling State Race, a one-day criterion bicycle race, will change in style in May from a short 0.08-mile track to a stage race beginning at Ben Geren. Although the course hasnâ€™t yet been mapped, planners are considering … Continue reading
Natural’ leader Russellville Courier, AR – Jul 16, 2007 He oversees 10 state parks, including Lake Dardanelle and Mount Magazine. Brown, 51, a longtime Arkansas River Valley resident, has been in the state park …
The Mount Magazine Lodge is suffering staffing problems according to Today’s THV
The new $33 Million lodge at Mount Magazine is open! Here’s a rundown of stories:
John Doeden is living the high lifeSeeks to climb to highest points in Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ Elkhart Truth – Elkhart,IN,USA Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ end. He is especially pleased to have reached Idaho’s Borah Peak , which at an elevation gain of 5,500 feet is … Continue reading
The new $33 million lodge on Mount Magazine is the fifth largest ongoing construction project in Arkansas and the the state park system’s biggest project ever.
Mount Magazine construction work on the 60-room lodge and 13 guest cabins has reached its final stages and is supposed to be finished sometime in January.
The Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival is traditionally held the fourth week of June.
The Tri Peaks Bicycling Challenge is the third week of May and is sanctioned by USA Cycling Association.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.