- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Arkansas
The Magazine Mountain shagreen snail dropped from endangered list. It had been listed since 1989 and was found on talus slopes on the mountain. Arkansas mountain snail dropped from endangered list – ky3.com.
Artist John Bell Jr. is exhibiting his work on Mount Magazine.
Dixon Bowles whose colorful life included managing the dinner theater on Mount Magazine before the original lodge was destroyed by fire has passed.
THV reports on the history of Mount Magazine noting that 25 settlers were on the mountain after the Civil War and that the first lodge was built in 1900 (the Skycrest Inn). In 1940, a lodge built by the Works … Continue reading
Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe has objected to a 10 percent increase in rates for the Mount Magazine Lodge The Mount Magazine Lodge is looking to increase its prices. Mount Magazine costs $212 for a two-person suite at Mount Magazine State … Continue reading
Arkansas has closed Queen Wilhelmina State Park temporarily due to increased bear activity. The release notes that during berry season the bears get more active and also warns visitors about bears on Mount Magazine.
The Mount Magazine 15K Run sponsored by the River Valley Runners will be June 5 starting at the Havana School.
AY Magazine is reporting on the incident went a headless torso was found on Mount Magazine on April 15, 1970. Somebody looking for poke in the freshly burned fields on the mountain noticed: Sitting upright, on a tree stump, was … Continue reading
A monument has been erected by Lake Swim Beach at Blue Mountain Lake in honor of David Small, who was left for dead in the trunk of a car, following a murder rampage by two Oklahoma State Prison escapees around … Continue reading
Contractors are suing over the $32.6 million no bid contract to build Mount Magazine Lodge.