- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Arkansas
The Magazine Mountain shagreen snail dropped from endangered list. It had been listed since 1989 and was found on talus slopes on the mountain. Arkansas mountain snail dropped from endangered list – ky3.com.
Artist John Bell Jr. is exhibiting his work on Mount Magazine.
Dixon Bowles whose colorful life included managing the dinner theater on Mount Magazine before the original lodge was destroyed by fire has passed.
THV reports on the history of Mount Magazine noting that 25 settlers were on the mountain after the Civil War and that the first lodge was built in 1900 (the Skycrest Inn). In 1940, a lodge built by the Works … Continue reading
Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe has objected to a 10 percent increase in rates for the Mount Magazine Lodge The Mount Magazine Lodge is looking to increase its prices. Mount Magazine costs $212 for a two-person suite at Mount Magazine State … Continue reading
Arkansas has closed Queen Wilhelmina State Park temporarily due to increased bear activity. The release notes that during berry season the bears get more active and also warns visitors about bears on Mount Magazine.
The Mount Magazine 15K Run sponsored by the River Valley Runners will be June 5 starting at the Havana School.
AY Magazine is reporting on the incident went a headless torso was found on Mount Magazine on April 15, 1970. Somebody looking for poke in the freshly burned fields on the mountain noticed: Sitting upright, on a tree stump, was … Continue reading
A monument has been erected by Lake Swim Beach at Blue Mountain Lake in honor of David Small, who was left for dead in the trunk of a car, following a murder rampage by two Oklahoma State Prison escapees around … Continue reading
Contractors are suing over the $32.6 million no bid contract to build Mount Magazine Lodge.