- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Arizona
Visitors are ignoring the closure of Humphreys Peak and Coconino National Forest because of fire concerns.
Backcontry Accidents: Fatalitie in Four Peaks Wilderness in Arizona and Franklin Mountains of Texas.
Humphreys Peak is closed for fire restrictions.
Backcountry Accidents in Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah
Here’s the May 13, 2006 round up of backcountry accidents Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah.
The Grant Kuenzili case in Arizona where he was killed in a dog altercation is in a sensation trial there.
A jury member in the Grant Kuenzli case found a bullet at the crime scene when they were taken there.
Here’s February 22, 2006 accident reports:
Backcountry accident reports through February 14, 2006.
Tucson hiker fell 30 feet at Seven Falls on Monday, requiring a dramatic, four-hour helicopter rescue.
AZCentral reports Coconino National Forest officials are urging people to quit putting up Christmas decorations on the trees on Arizona 179 between Oak Creek and Sedona and on Arizona 89A between Sedona and Cottonwood.