- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Appalachian Trail
Millinocket is excited Maine’s 3rd Appalachian Trail Community — meaning it’s on the official map. Millinocket named Maine’s 3rd Appalachian Trail Community — Penobscot — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine.
Brenton Lengel “North to Maine” About the Appalachian Trail is Opening Off Broadway at the C.O.W. Theatre at 21 Clinton Street, New York. North to Maine is the first play ever written about the Appalachian Trail and the Thru-Hikers who … Continue reading
Jennifer Pharr is claiming she did the Appalachian Trail in a record 46 days going from Katahdin on June 16. And she had time to blog!
The “Barefoot Sisters” who hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2000 barefoot have written a couple bookss about their experiences. Lucy Letcher, 25 at the time, and her sister Susan Letcher, 21, report their story in “Southbound” (going from Katahdin to … Continue reading
The International Appalachian Trail has announced a planned European extension starting in Greenland. When combined with the Eastern Continental Trail it would be possible to walk from Key West, Florida to Morocco (with a few water ferries thrown in).
Appalachian Trail Days is coming May 14-16 to Damascus, Virginia. This year’s version will celebrate the new AT machine in Pennsylvania. Johnny Molloy, Gene Espy and Paralee Dawson-Hayward will be signing their guidebooks.
The Appalachian Trail Museum Society passes along this news about its museum that is to open June 5, 2010.
The Appalachian Trail Museum passes along this press release
Times Argus reports Andrew Thompson completed the Appalachian Trail in a record 47 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes.
Cumberlink reports Justin Miles Kenney, 27, from Alabama was killed by a trail while thru hiking the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania.