- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Appalachian Trail
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy is sponsoring a film festival at several theatres on the East Coast featuring the film Appalachian Impressions.
Brevard,North Carolina, school teacher Matt Kirk has claimed the record for fastest self supported hike of the Appalachian Trail – 58 days, nine hours and 38 minutes. The previous record was 60 days. Kirk averaged 37 miles a day. Former … Continue reading
Jennifer Pharr Davis Book About Her Record 46 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes Hike of the Appalachian Trail
Jennifer Pharr Davis who hiked the Appalachian Trail in 46 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes in 2011 — faster than anybody male or female — has book on the adventure Called Again: A Story of Love and Triumph
Millinocket is excited Maine’s 3rd Appalachian Trail Community — meaning it’s on the official map. Millinocket named Maine’s 3rd Appalachian Trail Community — Penobscot — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine.
Brenton Lengel “North to Maine” About the Appalachian Trail is Opening Off Broadway at the C.O.W. Theatre at 21 Clinton Street, New York. North to Maine is the first play ever written about the Appalachian Trail and the Thru-Hikers who … Continue reading
Jennifer Pharr is claiming she did the Appalachian Trail in a record 46 days going from Katahdin on June 16. And she had time to blog!
The “Barefoot Sisters” who hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2000 barefoot have written a couple bookss about their experiences. Lucy Letcher, 25 at the time, and her sister Susan Letcher, 21, report their story in “Southbound” (going from Katahdin to … Continue reading
The International Appalachian Trail has announced a planned European extension starting in Greenland. When combined with the Eastern Continental Trail it would be possible to walk from Key West, Florida to Morocco (with a few water ferries thrown in).
Appalachian Trail Days is coming May 14-16 to Damascus, Virginia. This year’s version will celebrate the new AT machine in Pennsylvania. Johnny Molloy, Gene Espy and Paralee Dawson-Hayward will be signing their guidebooks.
The Appalachian Trail Museum Society passes along this news about its museum that is to open June 5, 2010.