- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Alabama
Here’s tale of the ugly chief Cheaha who pursued the beautiful Talladega who was in turn in love with the handsome Choccolocco. Cheaha had Chocolocco poisoned and when Talledega kissed him she perished but the two remained to form Sleeping … Continue reading
Cheaha has snow photos from the summit.
The Cheaha Century Bicycle ride was April 18. His coverage.
Al.com reports that the Cheaha Wilderness’ High Falls area is at least 80 percent under control. In four days, firefighters laid about six miles of fire containment lines around the fire.
Reports indicate there is a 600-acre fire in the Cheaha Wilderness which is already reeling from drought and heat.
The Anninstar Star reports on another name for the acronym CHEAHA (Christian Home Educators at Home in Anniston and Calhoun County) — a home schooling organization.
Cheaha Resort State Park trucking in water Huntsville Times, AL – Jul 3, 2007 Cheaha Resort State Park is taking measures to stay open with the recent drought drying up the water supply. The park has trucked in 40000 gallons … Continue reading
WAFF reports that a hiker ignored one of the “13 Ways Not Die In Little River Canyon” in Alabama and fell 80 feet.
Al.com has a profile of the Pinhoti Trail which summits Alabama’s two tallest mountains and stretches 120 miles from the Georgia line to Porter Gap.
Peter Thompson at the University of New Hampshire has an elegant and comprehensive description website about the geology of the highpoints of each state.