- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Alabama
Cheaha temporarily closed on Feb. 17, 2014, to clean up debris from the ice storm that hit the mountain Feb. 13-14. The storm downed 1,000 trees, knocked off power and damaged cabins. Authorities said it was the worst damage to … Continue reading
Alabama is looking to spice up its state parks. This has spurred talk of a possible zip line at Cheaha. There of course is no formal plan at the time but the social media is buzzing.
Cheaha is celebrating its first annual lighted pickel drop from atop Cheaha. Post by Cheaha State Park-Alabama.
Alabama’s park system is celebrating its 75th anniversary. Cheaha was one of Alabama’s original parks.
Here’s tale of the ugly chief Cheaha who pursued the beautiful Talladega who was in turn in love with the handsome Choccolocco. Cheaha had Chocolocco poisoned and when Talledega kissed him she perished but the two remained to form Sleeping … Continue reading
Cheaha has snow photos from the summit.
The Cheaha Century Bicycle ride was April 18. His coverage.
Al.com reports that the Cheaha Wilderness’ High Falls area is at least 80 percent under control. In four days, firefighters laid about six miles of fire containment lines around the fire.
Reports indicate there is a 600-acre fire in the Cheaha Wilderness which is already reeling from drought and heat.
The Anninstar Star reports on another name for the acronym CHEAHA (Christian Home Educators at Home in Anniston and Calhoun County) — a home schooling organization.