- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Africa
International backcountry accident wrap up:
Backcountry Accident Reports at February 24, 2006
The increase in Kilimanjaro fees from US $30 to $60 has not decreased the number of visitors.
Authorities have closed a trail to Kilimanjaro After three Americans were killed in a rock slide.
Bloomberg reports the world’s largest tanzanite gem — rarer than diamonds — was discovered near Tanzania’s Mount Kilimanjaro.
Xinhuanet reports Austrians Peter Gruber and Thomas Brunauer claim to have a round Kilimanjaro record of 9 hours and 50 minutes.
The Guardian reports Sean Burch from Washington State climbed Kilimanjaro from Gate to summit in a record 5 hours 28 minutes and 58 seconds.
The BBC reports Tanzania is upset that Kenya told tourist operators Kilimanjaro is in Kenya.
The News Tribune reports that Rainier Mountaineering Inc. which will lose its monoply to Rainier guided climbs in 2006 plans to leads trip to 5 of the 7 summits.