- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Adventures
Mounteverest.net reports Ed Viesturs summited Annapurna and became the first American to summit all 14 8,000+ metre peaks. Only 12 climbers have done all 14. Viesturs summited all without supplementary O2 — something only five other climbers have done.
newstalkzb reports Annabelle Bond is on Denali seeking to be the youngest and fastest woman to climb the 7 summits.
The Magic Valley Times News in Idaho has a profile of Chris Anderson who has completed 46 of the lower 48 and whose website was one of the first devoted to highpointing.
Lance Armstrong Pessimistic About Tour de France Chances After 3rd Place Snowy Brasstown Bald Showing
The AP reports Lance Armstrong finished third on a snowy Brasstown Bald leg in the Tour de Georgia and he is believed to have told associates that he’s not strong enough now to repeat as Tour de Georgia or Tour … Continue reading
The Denver Post hints that former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson is considering a seven summit attempt. Johnson, 52, has already climbed McKinley and Everest and according to the article can be found climbing Kachina Ridge above Taos perhaps 100 … Continue reading
The Sunday Herald says Afghanistan is trying to promote mountaineering tourism by publicizing its virgin 6,000 metre peaks in the Hindu Kush and is training 12 former guerrilla fighters to become alpine guides and the country has a special landmine … Continue reading
The Dallas News reports Jeff Robinson and his boxer dog Walker have started a 1,336 mile journey from Galveston, Texas, to the summit of Mount Elbert and the on to Denver.
Outlook Rockies has an incredible picture and story about the first winter ascent of Mount Alberta.
Centerdaily reports Lee Barry has become at the oldest person to complete the Appalachian Trail at 81. He carried a homemade pack (made from nylon with no frame) . He started Jan. 2 at the trail’s southern terminus at Springer … Continue reading
The Aspen Times reports Aron Ralston is the first climber to complete the Colorado fourteener winter solo project (by a count of 54, 59 or whatever). And he’s just the third climber to reach the top of all the fourteeners … Continue reading