- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Adventures
The discovery of a leather boot and body on Nanga Parbat has only deepened the controvery whether climbing legend Reinhold Messner abandoned his 24-year-old brother Gunther 30 years ago.
The Boston Globe reports Cameron Shaw-Doran claims to have become the first person to climb the 7.6 mile Mount Washington Road in a wheelchair.
Times Argus reports Andrew Thompson completed the Appalachian Trail in a record 47 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes.
The HeraldNet report Ben Jones of Lynwood, Washington, is seeking to climb 50 state summits in a record breaking 66 days.
Walkermnn reports Andrew Skurka of Massachusetts has walked 5,015 miles in his attempt to be the first to complete the 7,700 mile Sea to Sea Trail across the northern U.S. between the Atlantic and Pacific.
Various sources report Danielle Fisher, of Bow, Washington, climbed Mount Everest to become the youngest to climb the 7 summits at age 20.
The New York Times reports Sherpa L. G. Khambache, 41, of Brooklyn, plans to crawl the 13 mile length of Manhattan to Ground Zero.
Mounteverest.net reports Ed Viesturs summited Annapurna and became the first American to summit all 14 8,000+ metre peaks. Only 12 climbers have done all 14. Viesturs summited all without supplementary O2 — something only five other climbers have done.
newstalkzb reports Annabelle Bond is on Denali seeking to be the youngest and fastest woman to climb the 7 summits.
The Magic Valley Times News in Idaho has a profile of Chris Anderson who has completed 46 of the lower 48 and whose website was one of the first devoted to highpointing.