- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Adventures
Maintoday has an amusing article Harry Vanderweide a rotound character who is frequently evoked in various Maine battles.
34-year-old Steve Perry, from Yorkshire, set off on the 1st of December to tackle all of Scotland’s 284 mountains standing over 3,000 feet.
The Ã¢â‚¬Å“Aconcagua CondorÃ¢â‚¬Â (Angelo Darrigo) broke his Everest hang glider height reocrd with a 9,100 meter (29,850 feet) flight over Tupungato volcano in the Andean Cordillera (Range) breaking his very own Everest 2004 altitude record.
Clmbing legend Ed Viesturs raised a huge blue flag with the number 12 atop the Seattle Space Needle.
SÃƒÂ¸ren Gudman climbed the 7 Summits (Kosciusko version) in a record 194 days.
Robert Alain Philippe, 43, the French Spiderman who climbs world tall towers was arrested begin climbing the 678-foot-tall One Houston Center building for illegal trespassing and having a controlled substance (two tablets of the sedative Xanax).
Robin Kevan, 60, of Llanwrtyd Wells in Powys, reached Snowdon’s 3,560ft summit armed with bin liners and a litter stick because he feared it might have a similar problem to Ben Nevis, Scotland’s 4,406ft peak, where he recently collected six … Continue reading
The Independent reports 60-year-old Welshman Robin Kevan has earned the title of “Rob the Rubbish” for his untiring efforts to clean up Ben Nevis.
KCTS in Seattle is to air The Wonderland Project about an attempt to circumnavigating WashingtonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Mt. Rainier, in a single 24 hour push.
The Anchorage Daily News reports the Harvard Mountaineering Climb is seeking to name a 14,495 foot peak in Central Asia Mount Powell for Scott Powell, one of four Boy Scout leaders from Alaska who died in an electrical accident at … Continue reading