- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Adventures
Rex Jones has climbed Mount Elbert 101 times.
Brent Okita climbed Rainier for the 400th time on June 24. A total of three people have climbed it that many times.
Signon San Diego reports on “Crazy Jack” Northam who has climbed Mount Whitney 86 times including 4 “yo yo” where he climbed it up and back twice in a day. His goal is to join a club of people who … Continue reading
The Army Times reports on Marc Hoffmeister, Jon Kuniholm and Matt Nyman who summited McKinley despite Iraq War injuries that severed body parts.
The Adirondack 46ers have inducted three new winter completers.
Climber Enzo Simone stars in a movie “10 Mountains 10 Years” to raise awareness for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease by climbing 10 of the world’s tallest mountains in 10 years. They’ve climbed four so far. It is directed by Jennifer. … Continue reading
Mark Beaumont bicycled around the the world in a record 194 days and 17 hours in 2008. In 2009, he biked the American Cordillera – the longest mountain range on the planet. Included on the adventure were climbs of McKinley … Continue reading
Jordan Romero of Los Angeles is seeking to be the youngest to climb Everest. He was climbed Kilimanjaro at 10 and Aconcagua and McKinley at 11. His father and step-mother will accompany him. He has climbed six of the seven … Continue reading
The Guardian in an article by nude hiker Hank Wangford reports that Nepal is moving to ban nude summiting Everest after a climber stripped on the summit in 2006.
The Billings Gazette on August 4, 2007 had an article on the 50 for Tibet program.