- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- Issue #101 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2013
- Sir John Hunt’s The Ascent Of Everest Signed by Sir Edmund Hillary Silent Auction Deadline 4:00 PM MST August 30, 2013
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Congratulations to Alan Ritter Silver Beaver Award
- 2013-2014 Highpointers Board of Directors
- Hey, Delta, “Keep Klimbin’” Was Our Catch Phrase for 20 Years Before You Thought Of It
- Minutes of General Membership Meeting – June 9, 2012 at Timberline Lodge, Oregon
- DNAInfo Chicago Profile of Jean Wubbels and the Club
- 48 Completers at April 30, 2013
- 50 Completers at April 30, 2013
- Highpointers Club Bylaws
- Unofficial List of Highpointing Records
- Board of Directors Minutes – June 9, 2012, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Interview with Marathoners Todd Brown and Bill Urbanski on Boston Bombings
- Issue #100 of “Apex to Zenith” First Quarter 2013
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Adventures
Here’s a fun proposal submitted by Jemal Swoboda to Outside Magazine on its contest to fund an outside adventure — a proposal to stash $50 near each highpoint and have a scavenger hunt. I've submitted the idea with a few … Continue reading
Mike Tierney is the first person to ride a unicycle from sea level to the top of Mauna Kea and climbing all 28 Colorado passes crossing the Continental Divide.
Jennifer Pharr is claiming she did the Appalachian Trail in a record 46 days going from Katahdin on June 16. And she had time to blog!
The Powell Tribune has an article on Tim Schoessler who is peak bagging Wyoming and Montana.
Pat Farmer is planning to run from the North Pole to the South Pole this year.
11-year-old Jackson Lindley is seeking to hike in all 50 states in 50 days. They may not be highpoints but they’re still an adventure.
Benjamin Wetherby, caretaker for lodges in Vermont’s Green Mountain National Forest on Mount Mansfield, plans to hike the 25-mile Adirondack Great Range loop with his Australian cattle dog, Jadis, and friend, Michael DelSignore on Septmeber 11. The Great Range loop … Continue reading
12-year-old Matt Moniz has completed on Mauna Kea hiking 50 summits in 43 days, 3 hours, 51 minutes and 9 seconds. He set out to do 50 summits in 50 days or less. He is doing this before entering the … Continue reading
Rex Jones has climbed Mount Elbert 101 times.
Brent Okita climbed Rainier for the 400th time on June 24. A total of three people have climbed it that many times.