- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Adventures
The Louisville Courier-Journal has a nice interview with Ann Coffey who completed 50 on Sunday, September 1, 2013 at Humphrey’s Peak. The article notes:
Carson Crane, age 20, has claimed to be the first openly gay mountaineer to climb the seven summits after completing on Mount McKinley. He also claims to be the fifth youngest to complete. Crane was climbing for charity for rainbowsummits.org … Continue reading
Here’s a fun proposal submitted by Jemal Swoboda to Outside Magazine on its contest to fund an outside adventure — a proposal to stash $50 near each highpoint and have a scavenger hunt. I've submitted the idea with a few … Continue reading
Mike Tierney is the first person to ride a unicycle from sea level to the top of Mauna Kea and climbing all 28 Colorado passes crossing the Continental Divide.
Jennifer Pharr is claiming she did the Appalachian Trail in a record 46 days going from Katahdin on June 16. And she had time to blog!
The Powell Tribune has an article on Tim Schoessler who is peak bagging Wyoming and Montana.
Pat Farmer is planning to run from the North Pole to the South Pole this year.
11-year-old Jackson Lindley is seeking to hike in all 50 states in 50 days. They may not be highpoints but they’re still an adventure.
Benjamin Wetherby, caretaker for lodges in Vermont’s Green Mountain National Forest on Mount Mansfield, plans to hike the 25-mile Adirondack Great Range loop with his Australian cattle dog, Jadis, and friend, Michael DelSignore on Septmeber 11. The Great Range loop … Continue reading
12-year-old Matt Moniz has completed on Mauna Kea hiking 50 summits in 43 days, 3 hours, 51 minutes and 9 seconds. He set out to do 50 summits in 50 days or less. He is doing this before entering the … Continue reading