- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Accidents
Highlights thus far in the Everest 2006 season: the climb by a Playboy bunny, a double amputee, the oldest summiter (70), and the 16th climb by a sherpa.
Here is the May 13 round up of backcountry accidents in South Africa, Mount Lhotse, Everest, Russia
Backcountry Accidents in Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah
Here’s the May 13, 2006 round up of backcountry accidents Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, Oregon, and Utah.
Lost hikers in San Jacinto Mountains in California stumbled upon the campsite of a hiker missing for a year and his equipment is believed to have spared their lives.
Jeremy Buck survived a 300 foot fall down Reid Glacier on Mount Hood.
A Japanese story noting three middle aged climbers died in an Avalanche notes that middle aged climbers are more vulnerable to problems because they don’t know their strength is weakening.
Charlie Borgh, a former climbing ranger at Mount Rainier, died in an avalanche in the Canadian Rockies.
Backcountry Accidents: Helicopter Rescue of Dog and Hikers in California, AT Accident in Maryland, Fatal Fall in Illinois
Here’s a round up of backcountry accidents in California, Maryland and Illinois.
International backcountry accident wrap up:
Hikers rescued in nick of time