- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Accidents
All five hikers who were missing for nearly 5 days on Mount Whitney following a snowstorm on October 18 have been accounted for. Phillip Abraham, Stevan Filipsand Dale Clymens, all of Omaha were found in a cave. They had initially … Continue reading
The accident last week in which a 13-year-old was killed in a motocross event in Indianapolis prompted the Arlington Heights, Illinois, Daily Herald to discuss the risks in extreme sports on their impact on adults and children. The article says … Continue reading
Jasper National Park in Alberta have found the nearly perfectly preserved body of climber William Holland on Dome Glacier after Holland fell off a mountain 21 years ago.
Authoirites say they believe Anthony Vietti and his climbing companion, Katie Nolan are the two bodies found on Mount Hood at the 9,700-level of Reid Headwall. The two disappeared in December 2009. The body of a third companion Luke Gullberg … Continue reading
Christopher Bailli, 24, hiking off trail on Tuckerman Ravine slipped on rocks and fell to his death over the waterfall on July 18.
Robert Dale Wiebe was killed July 13 in a fall at the “Snow Dome” on Mt. Hood’s Coe Glacier.
A climber apparently broke a leg after falling on the Hogsback on Mount Hood on July 7. Conditions on the mountain is described as “solid snow covered in ice.”
Searchers are hunting for Eric Lewis, 57-year-old , who unhooked himself from his companions on the Gibraltar Ledges Route on Rainier on July 1.
A woman fell 20 feet into a sink hole under the snow near the Jackson Visitor Center on Mount Rainier on June 18 in a freak accident. The woman fell 10 feet through snow to the top of a transformer … Continue reading
Reports indicate that 29-year-old Lawrence Dahl spent the night on Hood after getting separated from his friends above Timberline Lodge. He was searched for all night and footprints were found 6 a.m., and Portland Mountain Rescue volunteers found Dahl near … Continue reading