- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: Accidents
Hope is dwindling on finding 4 climbers reported missing for more than a week on Mount Rainier on the Disappointment Cleaver Route. They are Mark Vucich, 37, of San Diego, and Michelle Trojanowski, 30, of Atlanta. The two were planning … Continue reading
This report seems to be somewhat ambiguous on the details but a couple who were injured on Whitney are blaming the park service for not properly signing the dangers.
A record number of 14 people have died in Yosemite accidents this year.
Officials say Meredith Jacques fell 300 feet after being by ice on Mount Hood. She suffered head, neck and back injuries.
Police have suspended the search for Brian Murphy of Plymouth, Mich., who was 67 when he hiked into a blizzard on Mauna Kea in December 2007.
A hiker separated from his group was frostbitten after spending a night on Katahdin.
All five hikers who were missing for nearly 5 days on Mount Whitney following a snowstorm on October 18 have been accounted for. Phillip Abraham, Stevan Filipsand Dale Clymens, all of Omaha were found in a cave. They had initially … Continue reading
The accident last week in which a 13-year-old was killed in a motocross event in Indianapolis prompted the Arlington Heights, Illinois, Daily Herald to discuss the risks in extreme sports on their impact on adults and children. The article says … Continue reading
Jasper National Park in Alberta have found the nearly perfectly preserved body of climber William Holland on Dome Glacier after Holland fell off a mountain 21 years ago.
Authoirites say they believe Anthony Vietti and his climbing companion, Katie Nolan are the two bodies found on Mount Hood at the 9,700-level of Reid Headwall. The two disappeared in December 2009. The body of a third companion Luke Gullberg … Continue reading