- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: 7 Summits
Reuters reports Italian climber Christian Kunters, 42, died in an avalanche on Annapurna.
The Anchorage Daily News reports Italian David Bergamin cached his passport, plane ticket, spare food, extra fuel and other gear at the Motorcycle Hill camp near 11,000 feet on McKinley and then lost them creating a minidisaster for him when … Continue reading
Mounteverest.net reports Ed Viesturs summited Annapurna and became the first American to summit all 14 8,000+ metre peaks. Only 12 climbers have done all 14. Viesturs summited all without supplementary O2 — something only five other climbers have done.
The Anchorage Daily News reports that twin 55-year-old brothers Jerry and Terry Humphrey of Negley, Ohio, fell to their deaths after summiting McKinley.
smh.com reports blind Australian Gerrad Gossens halted his Everest climb after falling into a creavasse his guide did not warn him about.
newstalkzb reports Annabelle Bond is on Denali seeking to be the youngest and fastest woman to climb the 7 summits.
EverestNews reports an avalanche injured 5 climbers Ã¢â‚¬â€œ including one without a permit Ã¢â‚¬â€œ and flattened 60 to 70 tents at Camp 1 on Everest.
Newswatch50 reports an Oswego, NY, man on a charity climb Everest for his mother fell into a crevasse.
The News Tribune reports that Rainier Mountaineering Inc. which will lose its monoply to Rainier guided climbs in 2006 plans to leads trip to 5 of the 7 summits.
The Herald reports Sean Egan, 63, of Ottawa had a heart attack while leading an Everest expedition in hopes of becoming the oldest Canadian to climb the mountain.