- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: 7 Summits
Vern Tejas climbed Mount Everest (May 24) and Mount McKinley (May 31) within a week of each other en route to climb the 7 summits (plus New Guinea) in 134 days. Tejas climbed the summits 187 days in 2005. It … Continue reading
We go this note from the 7 summits club, a Russian website devoted to climbing the 7 summits. May 9 Russia celebrates Victory Day, the most significant holiday for our country. Nickolay Cherny, who last year turned 71 years old, … Continue reading
13 year old Jordan Romeo who is attempting to set a record for the youngest Everest climber (as well as younger 7 summit climber) is blogging and tweeting from Everest. He was also interviewed on NPR talking about doing homework … Continue reading
Jordan Romero of Los Angeles is seeking to be the youngest to climb Everest. He was climbed Kilimanjaro at 10 and Aconcagua and McKinley at 11. His father and step-mother will accompany him. He has climbed six of the seven … Continue reading
The Associated Press has an article about Japanese mountaineer Yoshitomi Okura climb of Mount McKinley each year to install its weather station.
Another set of dinosaur tracks have been found on Denali.
Highlights thus far in the Everest 2006 season: the climb by a Playboy bunny, a double amputee, the oldest summiter (70), and the 16th climb by a sherpa.
Here is the May 13 round up of backcountry accidents in South Africa, Mount Lhotse, Everest, Russia
Christian Stangel claims to have climbed Elbrus in a record 5 hours 18 minutes.
Climbing season has started on McKinley. The Anchorage Daily News has an interesting article on the hazardous West Rib Route in its coverage.