- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Tag Archives: 7 Summits
Carson Crane, age 20, has claimed to be the first openly gay mountaineer to climb the seven summits after completing on Mount McKinley. He also claims to be the fifth youngest to complete. Crane was climbing for charity for rainbowsummits.org … Continue reading
Vern Tejas climbed Mount Everest (May 24) and Mount McKinley (May 31) within a week of each other en route to climb the 7 summits (plus New Guinea) in 134 days. Tejas climbed the summits 187 days in 2005. It … Continue reading
We go this note from the 7 summits club, a Russian website devoted to climbing the 7 summits. May 9 Russia celebrates Victory Day, the most significant holiday for our country. Nickolay Cherny, who last year turned 71 years old, … Continue reading
13 year old Jordan Romeo who is attempting to set a record for the youngest Everest climber (as well as younger 7 summit climber) is blogging and tweeting from Everest. He was also interviewed on NPR talking about doing homework … Continue reading
Jordan Romero of Los Angeles is seeking to be the youngest to climb Everest. He was climbed Kilimanjaro at 10 and Aconcagua and McKinley at 11. His father and step-mother will accompany him. He has climbed six of the seven … Continue reading
The Associated Press has an article about Japanese mountaineer Yoshitomi Okura climb of Mount McKinley each year to install its weather station.
Another set of dinosaur tracks have been found on Denali.
Highlights thus far in the Everest 2006 season: the climb by a Playboy bunny, a double amputee, the oldest summiter (70), and the 16th climb by a sherpa.
Here is the May 13 round up of backcountry accidents in South Africa, Mount Lhotse, Everest, Russia
Christian Stangel claims to have climbed Elbrus in a record 5 hours 18 minutes.