- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Category Archives: General
The Hays Daily News reports that Ed and Cindy Harold have reported the worst vandalism ever on Mount Sunflower noting that somebody likely using a flatbed pickup extensively “Mount Sunflower” sign made of railroad spikes, created by Ed Harold, and … Continue reading
Here’s a inspiring story of Nancy Schiliro who lost an eye in Iraq and her climb of Kilimanjaro as part of the Wounded Warrior Project.
The Army at Wheeler Army Airfield in Hawaii are using Mauna Kea for training for flying helicopters to be used in Afghanistan.
A Sierra Club article protests a proposal to privatize New Jersey’s state parks. In speculating about what would happen if corporations get to naming rights there could be “Viagra High Point State Park”
Clingmans Dome Road is to close for season on December 1.
The Huffington Post in an interview with Jonathan Goldsmith who plays “the most interesting man in the world” describes his real world exploits says “he has “saved a hiker’s life during a blizzard on Mount Whitney.” Unfortunately there’s no details … Continue reading
Here’s tale of the ugly chief Cheaha who pursued the beautiful Talladega who was in turn in love with the handsome Choccolocco. Cheaha had Chocolocco poisoned and when Talledega kissed him she perished but the two remained to form Sleeping … Continue reading
Huffington Post has this nifty Mount Rainier photo.
After a film maker Jonathan Doyle filmed a couple of youtube videos of a guy wearing a Big Foot costume on New Hampshire’s Monadnock the park officials refused him access to the mountain. He sued and it’s gone to the … Continue reading
Preservationists in Rapid City have bought the house of Valentine McGillycuddy who was the first white person to climb Harney Peak.