- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Category Archives: General
Here’s an amazing story of Yong Chun Kim, of Tacoma, Wash., who burned $1 and $5 bills to keep warm after being separated from his group while snowshoeing in Mount Rainier National Park.
The Mount Washington Observatory shared this view of auroras on January 22, 2011, during the big aurora outbreak this this week.
46-year-old Patrick Scott Powers of Mansfield., Mass, fell 800 feet from Tuckerman Ravine while descending Mount Washington on January 9, 2011.
DCist has an interesting history of Fort Reno which is DC’s highpoint. It notes that the fort was originally called Fort Pennsylvania and was the “largest and most heavily armed fort in the city” during the Civil War. It also … Continue reading
here’s an amazing story (with lots of photos) on nwhikers.net of a hiker who was escorted from a campsite by a helicopter following the New Year Day murder of a Rainier ranger (authorities were concerned people in the park could … Continue reading
15-year-old Jordan Romero completed Vinson Massif on Christmas Eve 2011 making him the youngest person to complete all 7 summits. *Jordanromero.com *Wikipedia profile
Fleeting Light: The High Desert and the Geminid Meteor Shower from Henry Jun Wah Lee on Vimeo. The Geminid Meteor shower is tonight. Here’s a time lapse from last year in the Alabama Hills by Mount Whitney.
An article on Christmas trees notes that David Douglas for whom the Douglas fir is named died while climbing on Mauna Kea when he fell into animal trap which was soon occupied by a bull. A monument to him is … Continue reading
The Dutch will withdraw their 20 percent ownership of the James Clark Maxwell Telescope in 2013. Meanwhile the British are expected to withdraw their 25 percent ownership of Gemini.
Here’s a report on people looking for the mythical creature Big Red Eye believed to the be the New Jersey Sasquatch.