- Members in the News: John Niedermeier
- Registration Form for Highpointers Convention in July 25-26. 2014 at Clingmans Dome
- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Category Archives: General
The Carlton Blue Australian rules football team plans a mass winter climb of Humphreys as part of their training.
The Maine Memorial project plans to carry stones with the names of service men from Maine who have fallen since 9/11 to the top of Katahdin on Memorial Day 2014. * Facebook page *Television profile
Mount Mitchell access was closed temporarily due to snow and sleet in the season’s first wintry storm.
Oxford scientists say DNA tests show that the Yeti may be a brown/polar bear mix.
Organizers of the Black Bear Century which goes through Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area en route to High Point State Park have been forced to cancel the event scheduled for October 12, 2013 because the government shut down means … Continue reading
A ribbon cutting for the newly renovated Mount Greylock visitor center was Thursday, October 3. The renovation project – which included developing an interpretive master plan for the reservation and installing new interpretive signage along the roads and at the … Continue reading
Outside Magazine has a great article on “rebel visits” to Whitney during the government shutdown. You can’t camp at the Portal but the Portal Store has wag bags provided by the government.
North Country Public Radio has a wonderful story featuring Teddy Roosevelt impersonator Joe Wiegand describing the trip Teddy took from Mount Marcy/Lake Tear of the Clouds to North Creek Station and on to Buffalo to become president after the shooting … Continue reading
The Warm Springs tribe (known as the Tenino people) have a right by treaty to use the area around Government Camp on Mount Hood. The Mt. Hood Tribal Heritage Center, named Wiwnu Wash, opened at the Mount Skibowl in 2012. … Continue reading
Guadalupe has reopened its backcountry following the floods. There’s lots of dramatic photos of the floods. https://www.facebook.com/Highpointers/posts/10152229543814616