- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Category Archives: General
Colorado Governor Formally Proclaims Mount Elbert to Be Called Mount Peyton Manning on Super Bowl Sunday
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper has formally renamed Mount Elbert Mount Peyton Manning on Super Bowl. Never mind what’s legal per the formal renaming process. THis is what’s fun. Below is the full declaration:
There’s something of an interstate flap over the new quarter featuring Smoky Mountains and has the name “Tennessee” on on it. North Carolina notes that 53 percent of the park is actually in North Carolina. The quarter is part of … Continue reading
A new quarter features Great Mountains National Park.
A lightning strike nicked off the right thumb of Christ on Mount Corcovado in Rio de Janeiro.
The Taos Ski Valley has announced plans to build a ski above timberline in 2014 near the 12,450 foot high Kachina Peak.
Awesome video of snowboarding in LED suit
Gawker has a nifty article on buildings with high glass floored floors that have spectacular views beneath your feet. One of the newest additions features views of Mount Blanc.
New Hampshire is considering a Hike Safe Card where you would pay $25/year ($35/family) for a card that would indemnify you against search and rescue costs which you are legally liable for. Post by Highpointers.
In the January subzero cold snap, it’s turning out that Mount Washington summit is among the warmest places in New Hampshire. Post by Highpointers.
Here’s a pretty cool star field effect from Death Valley. Post by Highpointers.