- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Author Archives: Roger
Snowpack in the Mount Hood area is 23 to 40 percent of normal — among the lowest in recorded history.
Cheaha is celebrating its first annual lighted pickel drop from atop Cheaha. Post by Cheaha State Park-Alabama.
Here’s a nice time lapse of last week’s snow on Mauna Kea. Post by Highpointers.
Nine-year-old Tyler Armstrong claims to be the youngest to summit Aconcagua. Post by Highpointers.
Death Vally National Park has suspended the permit for the Badwater Ultramarathon. They are reviewing all events and races in the park and will make an announcement on the new policy in March. In the meantime Ultramathon has announced a … Continue reading
The National Park Service has overturned a ban of Mountain Trip International as preferred Denali guide service. The service had lost its status after a fatal accident in 2011 in which guide Dave Staeheli abandoned Beat Niederer on the mountain. … Continue reading
The Atlantic reports that Rupee, the “slumdog mountaineer”, that reports had said summited Everest actually only visited base camp where several dogs have gone before.
Alabama’s park system is celebrating its 75th anniversary. Cheaha was one of Alabama’s original parks.
The National Park Service plans to keep the road to Paradise open 7 days a week during the winter of 2013-2014. Last season it was closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The Carlton Blue Australian rules football team plans a mass winter climb of Humphreys as part of their training.