- Issue #103 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2013
- Highpointers Foundation Booth at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Tradeshow in Salt Lake City January 22-25
- NPR’s Living on Earth 10 Minute Segment on Highpointing
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal Fatal accidents General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming
Author Archives: Roger
North Dakota Says Public Can’t Comment on Drilling Proposals Affecting Private Land Including Impact on White Butte
The North Dakota Industrial Commission says the public will not be permitted to comment on proposals to drill on private land including White Butte. The issue was raised last fall when North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem listed 18 “extraordinary … Continue reading
The ABC television show “Resurrection” which is set in Arcadia, Missouri, by Taum Sauk premieres March 9. There will be a screen March 6 at the Arcadia Academy. The show is not actually being filmed in Arcadia and there’s a … Continue reading
Huffingpost has a bucket list of the one thing you should do in each state. One of them is a highpoint at a state that might surprise you. Another is something that might happen at this year’s highpointers convention in … Continue reading
WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports- 900 competitors competed in the 69th annual skinny skis Stowe Derby in which skiiers use one pair of skis on Mount Manfield on February 23.
The Pacific Northwest has been suffering from very low snowpack. However heavy snows in February pushed its snowpack up 30 percent to 86 percent of normal on Mount Hood. Other areas south of Mount Hood and in California are still … Continue reading
Cheaha temporarily closed on Feb. 17, 2014, to clean up debris from the ice storm that hit the mountain Feb. 13-14. The storm downed 1,000 trees, knocked off power and damaged cabins. Authorities said it was the worst damage to … Continue reading
Legendary climber Chad Kellogg of Seattle was killed Friday, Feb. 14 when he was hit by a rock while climbing Mount Fitz Roy, in the Patagonia region of Argentina. Among his other accomplishments was a claimed record roundtrip climb of … Continue reading
Alabama is looking to spice up its state parks. This has spurred talk of a possible zip line at Cheaha. There of course is no formal plan at the time but the social media is buzzing.
The Washington Senate has renamed Rainier “Mount Seattle Seahawks” and changed its park name to “12th Man National Park.” You just knew they couldn’t let a Colorado move go unanswered.
Russia has carried the Olympic torch to the top of Elbrus.