According to the Star Bulletin an Indiana woman is asking that her husband be declared legally dead after not apparently not returning from a hike in Volcano Lands National Park. Tamara Lynch filed a missing-person report with the Warrick County Police Department in Indiana in June.
By June 12, she was “extremely anxious and upset” about her estranged husband’s welfare, so she checked his answering machine using a code she knew from before the separation. On it were messages from the Royal Kona Resort asking when Lynch planned to check out and take care of his bill.
She supplied the information to police, who found out Lynch had flown to Hawaii, rented a car and checked into the hotel. Police found Lynch’s car at the Evansville, Ind., airport and learned that he had not used his June 6 return ticket.
Police on the Big Island entered Lynch’s hotel room and said he had left with some personal items.
Officials at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park found Lynch’s rental car in the park.
Lynch’s father, Robert Lynch of Norwalk, Ohio, told the Hawaii Tribune-Herald he refuses to participate in efforts to have his son declared dead.
- Issue #99 of “Apex to Zenith” Fourth Quarter 2012
- 2013 Access Dates for Illinois
- Nominations for 2013-14 Highpointers Board of Directors Due February 22
- Cops on Top 2013 Summits for Heroes Seeks to Climb All 50 States on June 29
- Application for 2013 Highpointers Convention at Katahdin, July 18-20
- David Kelley ARCGIS Interactive Map of Highpoints
- 2013 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Issue #98 of “Apex to Zenith” Second Quarter 2012
- Sen Lindsay Graham Attends Sassafras Mountain Improvement Project on South Carolina Peak
- A.H. Marshall’s List of Highpoint Completions 1919-1936
- A.H. Marshall’s “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation”
- About Our Header Photo
- 50 Completer Aron Ralston in Raunchy Tosh.O Skit on Comedy Central
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2014
- New Highpoint Benches Featured in Article on Florida
- Minutes (Email Session) July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention
- Non Club Members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon Receive Paul Zumwalt Award
- 2012 Convention Organizers, Gene and Lillian Elliot and Glen VanVliet Awarded Frank Ashley Award
- Mark and Wendy Comstock and Miles Luke Awarded 2012 Vin Hoeman Award
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming