According to the Star Bulletin an Indiana woman is asking that her husband be declared legally dead after not apparently not returning from a hike in Volcano Lands National Park. Tamara Lynch filed a missing-person report with the Warrick County Police Department in Indiana in June.
By June 12, she was “extremely anxious and upset” about her estranged husband’s welfare, so she checked his answering machine using a code she knew from before the separation. On it were messages from the Royal Kona Resort asking when Lynch planned to check out and take care of his bill.
She supplied the information to police, who found out Lynch had flown to Hawaii, rented a car and checked into the hotel. Police found Lynch’s car at the Evansville, Ind., airport and learned that he had not used his June 6 return ticket.
Police on the Big Island entered Lynch’s hotel room and said he had left with some personal items.
Officials at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park found Lynch’s rental car in the park.
Lynch’s father, Robert Lynch of Norwalk, Ohio, told the Hawaii Tribune-Herald he refuses to participate in efforts to have his son declared dead.
- New at the Merc: Replicas of All 50 state highpoint benchmarks and tote bags
- Highpointers Foundation Projects: Britton Hill, Florida Kiosk
- Kimball, Nebraska, High Point/High Plains Welcome Center Opens
- Highpointers Foundation Auction: “Everest – The West Ridge by Thomas Hornbein” Signed by Tom Hornbein and Jon Krakauer
- Issue #102 of “Apex to Zenith” Third Quarter 2013
- 2014 Highpointers Calendar at HP Merc
- Hoosier Hill Bench Vandalized
- Hawkeye Point: Request to Visit in Daylight and Note About New Campground Fees
- New Highpointers Foundation Henry’s Fork Sign at Kings Peak
- Club’s Summit Register Initiative
- Merc Reopens
- Lake County News-Sun Article on 50 Completer Tim Townsend
- Huffington Post Interview with Maine 2013 Host Mick Dunn
- Highpointers Foundation: Goal to have projects on 25 of 50 states by end of 2013
- Apex Challenge 2 Seeks to Place Highpointers on Every Summit on June 29, 2019
- Iowa Selected for 2015 Convention
- Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (1928-2013)
- 50 and 48 Completers in 2013-2014
- 2013 Board News: Change in Longacre Memorial Ownership
- Tennessee to Host 2014 Highpointers Convention July 24-26
Tags***Top Stories*** 7 Summits Accidents Adventures Alaska Animals Arizona Arkansas Asia Avalanches Books British Isles California Canada Colorado Dogs Europe Everest Fatal General Hawaii Helicopter Rescues Highpoint (States) News Highpoint News (world) Idaho Kentucky Maine Massachusetts Missouri Montana Multimedia New Hampshire New York North Carolina Offbeat Oregon Records States Technology Tennessee Trip Reports Utah Vermont Washington Wyoming