History of Skiing on Mount Washington

An exhibit at the New England Ski Museum in Franconia Notch entitled “From Pastime to Enterprise: Skiing Becomes a Business” tells the history of the skilift. It notes that Howard Head’s Head Standard was the first commercially successful ski made of metal after a successful run down Mount Washington’s Tuckerman Ravine Headwall in April 1950. The exhibit is open through the 2011-2012 ski season.

This entry was posted in General and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply